Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Star :)

Today is Star's due date  :)  I am going to visit her today in the "maternity ward" at Easdale Kennels. I am not too worried about Star because her "other" Mommy, Nancy is taking good care  of her. I miss Star terribly :(

I told Nancy I wanted a puppy from Star's litter -- a little boy -- hopefully.  Right now it's keeping me going -- anticipation, happy thoughts, and excitement  :) I am also excited to get Star back here :)

Star and I have a special bond. It has taken awhile.  The two weeks she was here -- alone...really made a difference.  Star is definitely the Alpha girl  -- However, I do believe that for the most part she respected Farfel, and allowed him to be "The Boss," "El Jefe!"  Star is a PrinCESS :)  She follows me from room to room -- and is constantly staring at me. If I wake up in the middle of the night...she is STARING at me  :) It's weird, but in a strange way, I like it  :)

It has taken awhile for Star to accept us -- being in her face all of the time. We are huggers in this house. At first, Star shied away from hugging. I force her to receive hugs :) She is a very sweet girl.

Not only will a puppy be good for me, but I think/hope it will be good for Star. I want Star to be the Numero Uno :)  She deserves it!!  So, I think with her having one of her babies... that can happen. In no way am I a dog shrink -- but I think it could happen  :)

My house is quiet ... and sad. Honestly, I am on the verge of tears all of the time. Of course, since Farfel was such a big part of my life -- everything reminds me of him -- and Star too (but, Star will be coming back).  I received his ashes. Sad -- my big fuzzy best friend ended up in a small cookie tin type thing  :(  My ex-husband made a beautiful box for him. I had Joey (grrrr, Farfel's nemesis :) )  transfer Farfel to the box -- well...when that damn Joey opened the tin -- he made a growling sound. We laughed. It kind of reminded me of that performer on the Ed Sullivan Show -- (OK, you have to be pretty old to remember this -- I am old!)  Senor Wences, and Pedro...


Pedro was the guy in the box S'right!!



Sooo hopefully today she will have her babies -- it's a special day also, because today is the third birthday of handsome Slammer -- the daddy of the puppies  :)  

I can't wait to see my sweet little Star  :)



Patti



I love her face  :)


5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you (and Star and Farfel and Joey) fondly and with lots of anticipation. Life is unfolding just as we're sure Farfel would want it to ... with promise of a return to a household of happiness and joy.

    Anxiously awaiting an update,
    With love
    Sally and "the kids"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally...this house certainly needs some happiness. Soon, I hope :)

      Delete
  2. We are so excited that today is Star's due date and we can't wait to hear the puppy news!
    BTW, our mom remembers Senor Wences and Pedro so she must be OLD too!
    You're in our thoughts today, Patti.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitch, Molly, and Mommy :)

      It's funny...how back in the "old" days .. that a very bad ventriloquist..with lips and eyes painted on his hand... could be so entertaining :)

      Delete
  3. We cannot believe that your precious Star is gone, Miss Patti. Our hearts are just broken in two :-(
    Star was so very beautiful♥

    Love ya lots and lots♥
    Mitch, Molly and Sue

    ReplyDelete